Salary: up to £32k DOE
Ref: AMR 150b
This is a fantastic opportunity, based in the heart of Rotherham to join a very well regarded recruitment company – perfect if you are an experienced and motivated Accounting professional looking to join a busy and friendly company in Rotherham.
Established in 1995, this recruitment agency specialises in temporary and permanent contract jobs. They supply to a variety of sectors including industrial, commercial, logistics, technical, executive and health care, covering everything from Executive Directors to Delivery Drivers, Administration Assistants to Quality Engineer’s.
• Plan, implement and supervise the company’s financial strategy
• Manage the company’s financial accounts, payrolls, budget, cash receipts and financial assets
• Handle the company’s transactions and debts and do cash flow forecasting
• Perform the company’s financial audits
• Follow proper accounting procedures to reach financial objectives
• Monitor and analyse financial accounting data and create financial reports based on data analysis
• Make recommendations to business stakeholders
• Bank Reconciliation
• Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
• Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
• Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
• Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
• Accruals and Prepayments
• Journals for accrued income and wages
• MI accounts, P&L, BS and TB
• Staff salaries and PAYE payment and reconciliation
• P32 reports produced for PAYE payments
• Credit Control
• Quarterly VAT return and VAT adjustments (for fuel/sliding scale charge)
Our ideal candidate must have the following experience and skills:
• Two or more years of work experience as Accounting Manager or Finance Manager
• Experience of overseeing organisational systems for gathering data, analysing information, confirming the accuracy of the staff’s reports and providing recommendations for improving accounting methods.
• A sound understanding of all types of financial operations at a company and how they work together including debts, assets, cash forecasting, payroll, capital assets and revenue analysis.
• The ability to guide the implementation of new financial initiatives and generate reports to share progress with their team.
• Confidently make suggestions on overall company strategies to meet goals about their financial transactions.
• Good academic portfolio of qualifications in Accounting or related field
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles, standards and regulations
• Experience in working with accounting software and databases
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
• Superior data management and data analysis skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy
• Self-motivated and independent with excellent time management and organisational skills
Monday to Friday – 08:30 to 17:3