Location: Sheffield, but remote working 2-3 days a week
Ref: AMR 048a
My client is a fast-growing digital education company committed to supporting teaching and learning, supporting educators worldwide for over 100 years. They are home to the world’s largest online community of teachers, with over 11 million registered users.
My client’s vision is to power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating online products and services to make the greatest difference in education. They are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers, supporting them with recruitment and teacher training.
Basic scope and primary objectives
As NetSuite Functional Consultant, you play a critical role in helping leverage the NetSuite platform to manage the delivery of the company’s systems and business strategy. NetSuite’s integration with other key systems and platforms is integral to the company’s digital transformational journey.
You report into the Head of Business Systems, who manages the company key back office applications, including NetSuite, Salesforce and Zuora. You liaise across departments, working both as part of the Business Systems team and as part of cross-functional teams on a project basis.
You are based in the Sheffield office, with the option of 2-3 days remote working per week once fully established in the role.
Key role responsibilities:
• Collaborating with business stakeholders effectively, translating business requirements into development deliverables.
• Safeguarding the technical architecture, integrity and performance of the company NetSuite instance and its closely related Finance apps.
• Working in an agile development environment, attending sprint planning/retrospective and daily stand up meetings, and documenting progress in the company backlog management tool.
• Configuring and maintaining the more complex areas of NetSuite, including workflows, data migration, financial reports, saved searches, advanced revenue recognition, bank reconciliation.
• Acting as a senior member of the NetSuite team, who consults on issues and provides potential solutions while considering future scalability and supportability.
• Sharing knowledge with and providing guidance to more junior team members, providing training if necessary.
• Providing support with any severe issues that are escalated to you from a NetSuite administrator in the team.
• Following and promoting development best practices, including employing quality assurance methods such as unit, user acceptance and regression testing.
• Producing NetSuite technical design and implementation documentation where applicable.
• Peer reviewing/QA-ing the work of team members.
• Understanding the overall system architecture in which NetSuite resides in the company.
• Understand in detail the interfaces that NetSuite has with other systems in the company.
• Continually increasing knowledge of other internal systems and how they directly or indirectly interact with NetSuite. You must assess the impact that work carried out in NetSuite might have in the wider technical landscape within the company.
• Acting as a driving/senior member of key strategic system projects where NetSuite plays a pivotal role.
• Providing support for peripheral Finance systems such as Oracle PBCS, DocuPeak, Stripe, etc.
• Trouble-shooting calmly and methodically; striving for sustainable technical solutions to issues and business challenges.
• Proactively seeking and proposing continuous improvement opportunities to the technical team and Finance team based on experience.
• Providing transparency on work and project status to NetSuite team lead and management where requested.
Education and experience