My client powers schools and enables great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
The company’s innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. They are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers.
This business development role’s primary objective is to rapidly grow product penetration for the company software solutions within a base of existing customers across England and Wales.
Working alongside account managers, the Business Development Exectuive will research and target new prospects within the base of customers, understand their needs, and build relationships with senior school leaders to expand their existing use of our product suite to include further educational software. The Business Development Exectuive will work within an account management team, which is one sales team within a broader School sales structure.
This is a sales role, and you will be expected to achieve ambitious revenue targets set by the business. You will be expected to build and maintain a high level of product knowledge across the entire company product portfolio and be able to demonstrate these products at a high level, alongside being able to demonstrate the key software within your remit in detail, understand how the tools will best compliment a school’s goals and ambitions, and demonstrate ROI.
You will need to have experience of selling software solutions, be self-motivated, target driven, comfortable operating flexibly in a fast-paced environment, be able to respond to internal and external change dynamics and have a good understanding of sales methodology and process. Some travel may be required to be successful in this role, but it is envisaged that the majority can be done virtually.
- Outbound prospect into existing customers to build a pipeline of cross-sell opportunities, which you will work for the entire sales cycle.
- Accurate opportunity and account plan forecasting
- Manage, update and maintain the CRM at all times
- Build and maintain an expert level of product knowledge
- Exceed monthly, quarterly, annual revenue targets and other critical success metrics
- Grow the revenue base across defined verticals within our software portfolio within a set of existing accounts
- Build and leverage a strong network of commercial relationships across your set of accounts and communicate customer feedback to relevant departments within the company
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities through the sales funnel applying consistent processes and methodology
Education & Experience:
- Experience – Significant evidence of success within a software sales environment
- Analytical thinking - Absorbs new information with ease and speed - swift to spot interdependencies and contradictory information
- Passion for customers - Anticipates changes in customers’ current and future requirements and recommends appropriate responses to meet needs
- Communication – Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to expertly demonstrate a range of software solutions to your customers.
- Skilled at understanding the motivation of others, predicting their reactions and demonstrating a range of personal influencing styles.
- Relationship Building - Significant experience of building maintaining and leveraging a network of commercial relationships across a range of senior stakeholders. You can hold credible conversations at the highest level within your accounts
- Detail orientated - you will plan and use your time effectively ensure records in the CRM are always maintained and provide accurate revenue forecasts.
- Drive for results – Highly resilient under significant levels of pressure, encouraging others to deal positively with challenges.
- Performance is self-challenged and constructive feedback is sought.
What do you get in return?
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to a range of benefits via My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free fruit delivered to the office weekly
- Free breakfast cereals
- Free soft and hot drinks
- Free eye care cover
- Health care cover
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Paid for monthly nights out
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu